Disintegrating desktop

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Wed Apr 1 10:33:48 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 01 April 2015 10:19:12 Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Thanks.
> In my view there are far too many choices in KDE,
> and in other browsers.
> I think there should be an "advanced" option
> for those who want the full works.

Honestly in this case like in others it is more a question of the default then of the options available.

As far as I read what you wrote above your problem is with the option being the default and not so much with the option being available.

IMHO after kde 4.x (x>1) the options are reasonably laid in out in kde's "System Settings" and easy to find using the search box. I am happily running 5.2.2 here. :-)

Also I think that your reference to the Simplification Minister refers to the _Administrative_ Simplification. Fortunately we don't need to fill any form to change an option in kde. :-D

Regards,
--
José Abílio