different wallpapers per desktop

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Apr 16 06:11:04 UTC 2015

On 04/15/15 21:49, Glenn Holmer wrote:
> On 04/15/2015 08:06 AM, Luigi Toscano wrote:
>> On Wednesday 15 of April 2015 07:35:52 Glenn Holmer wrote:
>>> In Plasma 5, where's the setting to have different wallpapers on each
>>> virtual desktop?
>> I think this was missing also in the old Plasma...
> Certainly not: System Settings, "Workspace Behavior", "Virtual
> Desktops", check "Different widgets for each desktop".
>
> I'm not finding an option like this in Plasma 5.

Correct, there is no such option in Plasma 5.

Worse, at first blush, it seems no effort was made to preserve settings in transitioning from 4 to 5.  I just tested a "fedup" from F21 -> F22.  Upon restart and login to Plasma I found the number of virtual desktops had been reset from 4 to 1 and my desktop theme was changed to the default Breeze.  Also, the settings I had for konsole were all reset to what the defaults are for a new install.

I was testing on an F21 VM which wasn't highly customized.  But, I get the feeling many/all desktop customization will be lost in translation.  :-(