Adding application launchers to Plasma 5 panel

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 17 16:26:43 UTC 2015

Hi again

While this prescription seems to work for the current user and the
configuration (as well as other panel customisations) seems to be saved
in a file /home/<user>/.config/plasma-org.kde.plasma.desktop-appletsrc,
when I copy that file to /etc/xdg it doesn't seem to be used by a new
account as the default panel configuration in the same way that eg a
copy of kwinrc in /etc/xdg is.

Does the configuration of the default panel work in a different way?

Thanks

Roderick