Removing system items from Leave menu in Plasma 5

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Fri Apr 17 16:46:01 UTC 2015

After reading up a bit on the policykit docs I have tried two things,
neither of which have worked:

1) Edited /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.login1.policy and
changed the line in the <action id="org.freedesktop.login1.reboot">
section from:
  <allow_active>yes</allow_active>
  <allow_active>no</allow_active>

ie expecting my test account to be disallowed from running the reboot
option.

2) Added a file: 52-org.freedesktop.login1.xray.rules to
/etc/polkit-1/rules.d/ which contains:
polkit.addRule(function(action, subject) {
         if (action.id == "org.freedesktop.login1.reboot" &&
                 !subject.isInGroup("admin")) {
                 return polkit.Result.AUTH_ADMIN;
         }
});

ie expecting my test account to be prompted for a root password in this
case.

In both cases my test account can just restart the system.

So, two questions?

1) Should I be changing the policy or adding the new rule (ie 1 or 2 above)?

2) If changing the policy, where is the right place to put my new policy
file, rather than changing the system installed one?

I'd appreciate some guidance or aid to debugging please.

Thanks

Roderick