firewall-config in F22

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Apr 23 12:05:37 UTC 2015

Has anyone tried running firewall-config in F22?

When I run it the dialog comes up requesting the root password and I can make changes.  But, sometimes (most times but not always) I get a transparent notification appearing in the systray and the "i" displayed in blue.  It remains transparent until after I enter the root password, maybe a minute or so, and then you can see....

"System policy prevents inspecting and changing firewall"  (but that isn't true)

But during the time the dialog in the systray is showing I can't launch any additional applications from the launcher.

Without clicking "Cancel" (it doesn't appear select-able) the notification will go away after may 3~5 minutes.  And the launcher is working again.