Removing disable idle system screenlock as default behaviour for Plasma 5

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Thu Apr 23 12:59:19 UTC 2015

On Thursday 23 of April 2015 14:53:50 Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 23.04.2015 um 14:45 schrieb Luigi Toscano:
> > On Thursday 23 of April 2015 14:32:32 Reindl Harald wrote:
> >> and what about the not savvy users which have no problem right click and
> >> lock the screen if they want and need but need to dig around to find out
> >> how to disable aggressive defaults?
> >
> > I think that there is an more global advantage with the current settings.
> >
> > Compare:
> > - annoyed *once* and locker disabled forever
> > vs
> > - device by default with no locker and potential untracked access
>
> close the lid of a notebook -> locked

Sure, you can lock manually. The point is that the default behavior helps more
when you forget closing it.

> > Is also the login password an aggressive default?
>
> laughable comparison

It's not. The perception of what it's needed/secure changes in time.
No windows desktop had login 15 years ago. Now it's definitely different.

> there are worlds between power on a foreign machine and need to
> authenticate then force the user to move the mouse all the time to
> prevent screen locking - have fun watching a video with that stupid

Wrong example: video player knows how to make activity and not activate the
locker. You can watch your movie.

Ciao
--
Luigi