KDE Mixer/F21: how to keep heaphones enabled across reboots?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Apr 24 14:12:51 UTC 2015

Richard Z wrote:

> Hi,
>
> wondering if this is a bug or my own stupidity: whenever I reboot
> I have to open KDE Mixer/Settings/Audio Setup/Audio Hardware Setup
> and change "Device Configuration/Connector" to "Headphones" in order
> to have working headphones.
> Why doesn't it remember this setting? After each reboot it is back
> to "Line Out"

2 things:

If you want only individual apps to use headphones, you can move the streams
in kmix (right click the app volume -> move to), and it should remember it
for that app next time.

If you want headphones to be preferered always, try setting that in
systemsettings->multimedia->audio&video->device preference(tab)

and make sure your headphones are higher priority.

-- Rex