Inhibiting blanking/locking while video is running (was Re: Removing disable idle system screenlock as default behaviour for Plasma 5)

Piotr Gbyliczek piotr.gbyliczek at reconnix.com
Tue Apr 28 08:08:47 UTC 2015

On Monday 27 April 2015 20:03:16 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Not sure about others, but I do employ feature of screen corners, with one
> > configured to lock immediately, and other to  stop screen from locking.
> > Works fine IMHO.
>
> That's fine as long as a) you remember which corner is which, and b) it
> actually works correctly. In my experience this sort of thing is not
> reliable, i.e. sometimes you can be shoving the cursor into a corner
> without anything happening.

Not my mileage, it works for  me in F21.

As for remembering, aren't you now trying to justify your opinion rather than
discuss it ? If one have problems remembering which corner does what, I think
he has more pressing problems than screen locking. But if it helps, use left
corner for "lock", and right for "restrict locking".

--
Piotr Gbyliczek
Solutions Architect (LPIC 3, Novell CLA certified)