Plasma 5 - Right Click Desktop - Konsole?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Apr 30 23:46:15 UTC 2015

On 05/01/15 07:17, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-05-01 at 06:58 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 05/01/15 01:12, Rex Dieter wrote:
>>> That's something we (fedora) patched in to kde4 (from kde3 times), but we have not yet implemented the same for plasma5.
>>>

>>> Maybe if there is sufficient demand.
>>>

>> How will that be determined?  FWIW, I'll +1 it, especially since desktop settings aren't being retained across logins.
>>
> Yep, that's still broken, even in Plasma-5.3. VERY annoying. I don't
> care about any of the other "improvements" in Plasma if this doesn't
> work. It's kind of basic, at least for some of us.

I'm giving serious consideration to *not* upgrading to F22 when it is released.  I would hope it would get fixed prior to F23.  I'm very used to logging out and then logging back in and having all of my windows restored at the right size and right locations and having the systray being at the height I've set it to.  I am used to having different background images for each of my 6 virtual desktops, but just like GNOME took that away Plasma 5 has done so too.  :-(

I am also used to being able to have my time/date displayed as I want in the systray and showing the accurate time without having to specify displaying seconds.

I generally try to accept change, but if the changes don't work well....