New default web browser on KDE Spin

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Sat Aug 1 15:58:44 UTC 2015

On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 7:28 AM, Markus Slopianka <kamikazow at gmx.de> wrote:

> So, Juk instead of Amarok then and phonon-vlc instead of phonon-gstreamer?
> No. It's the distributor's responsibility to pick defaults best suited for
> its
> user base. Consistent themes from boot splash to the desktop wallpaper is a
> very common area of distro customization and Fedora does that as well.
> If you don't like customizations by the distributor, maybe Gentoo or Arch
> are
> better suited for you.

Customizations are different than setting default applications.  Themes are
associated with
branding.  That's apples and oranges.  Tweaks are also different, as the
recent change that
restored Konsole to the desktop pulldown.  This thread was about Konqueror
- and I mentioned
the other applications I used as an example that I customize on my own.  I
have absolutely no issues
with the chosen default applications - and know of no reason they should be
changed.

But moving back from the lurch into the pedantic, my point was that it's
extremely
easy to install and use whatever applications you want - and if you're
unhappy with
the performance or capabilities of an application, that should be discussed
upstream.