New default web browser on KDE Spin

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Sat Aug 1 17:26:13 UTC 2015

Felix Miata ha scritto:
> Luigi Toscano composed on 2015-08-01 18:33 (UTC+0200):
>
>> KDE is not a Desktop Environment, full stop, whatever you like or think.
>
> That kind of nonsense is what happens as a result of renames that obfuscate
> etymology:
>
> K = K
>
> D = Desktop
>
> E = Environment
>
> Thus, KDE it is, still from kde.org.

We all know the history here, I guess. Things change, this was changed at
least 9 years ago, see the keynote of Akademy 2006, Dublin. As you mention
kde.org, the website clearly says (in the first available link of the page,
under "Experience Freedom!", which brings to
https://www.kde.org/community/whatiskde/).

"KDE is an international team co-operating on development and distribution of
Free, Open Source Software for desktop and portable computing. Our community
has developed a wide variety of applications for communication, work,
education and entertainment. We have a strong focus on finding innovative
solutions to old and new problems, creating a vibrant, open atmosphere for
experimentation."

Ciao
--
Luigi