New default web browser on KDE Spin

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sun Aug 2 04:54:17 UTC 2015

I have never seen a debate in this mailing list take up so much energy before.
Ever

Forgive me, but, along with the other short comings reported in this list
regarding plasma 5. I would be remiss in not suggesting that perhaps this
group is locked in group think and perhaps a paradigm shift is required.

I can speak for myself only. Konqueror has not been a concern of mine for a
very very long time. Given the current state of plasma 5, I will not be
switching to it and have begun to explore alternatives so that I can
transition to Fedora 22.

Its very very commendable that KDE has made great effort into simplifying their
lives. Unfortunately it makes my life harder.

Computers are supposed to my tool. I am not a tool of the machine.

Eli

On Friday 24 July 2015 12:06:03 Eric Griffith wrote:
> Hey all, question for the List:
>
> What would it take / whats the protocol to push forward the idea of
> replacing Konqueror as the default web browser? Konqueror doesn't seem like
> its going anywhere, and I really think that the user experience would be
> better served if either Rekonq, or ideally, Firefox were the default
> browsers. Is there any specific reason that Konqueror has stuck around as
> the default for so long?
>
> --Eric--

believed to be clean.