New default web browser on KDE Spin

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Aug 2 11:31:08 UTC 2015

Am 02.08.2015 um 13:27 schrieb Ian Malone:
> On 1 August 2015 at 19:32, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:
>> Gerald B. Cox ha scritto:
>>>
>>> On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
>>> <mailto:luigi.toscano at tiscali.it>> wrote:
>

>>> If KDE (or again whatever it's called) wants to get out of
>>> the browser business, that's fine;
>>> but it needs to be stated and not on some mailing list.  Put it on the webpage
>>> for Konqueror.
>> This is not about going out of browser business.
>>

>>> That all said, I get the point about KDE Plasma Workspaces and KDE Applications;
>>> for the purposes of this thread however, it's a distinction without a difference.
>>
>> I disagree; if you want the best desktop, so Plasma, experience, the current
>> kdelibs4 Konqueror is not so different from Firefox or rekonq.
>
> While we decide what exactly constitutes a desktop environment (which
> in linux has traditionally meant a suite of applications as well as
> the window manager), I went back to konqueror to see why I stopped
> using it and was reminded that even https://start.fedoraproject.org/
> renders wrongly

maybe because the one who wrote the HTML has no clue what he is doing
and unable to just start a syntax validator - <h3> is a block element -
inside a <a>-tag? seriously?

there is no correct rendering for invalid HTML by definition

line 62 column 58 - Fehler: there is no attribute "ALT"
line 86 column 102 - Fehler: required attribute "ALT" not specified
line 89 column 78 - Fehler: document type does not allow element "H3"
here; missing one of "OBJECT", "MAP", "BUTTON" start-tag
line 109 column 102 - Fehler: required attribute "ALT" not specified
line 112 column 78 - Fehler: document type does not allow element "H3"
here; missing one of "OBJECT", "MAP", "BUTTON" start-tag
line 132 column 104 - Fehler: required attribute "ALT" not specified
line 135 column 109 - Fehler: document type does not allow element "H3"
here; missing one of "OBJECT", "MAP", "BUTTON" start-tag
line 155 column 101 - Fehler: required attribute "ALT" not specified
line 158 column 80 - Fehler: document type does not allow element "H3"
here; missing one of "OBJECT", "MAP", "BUTTON" start-tag
line 178 column 98 - Fehler: required attribute "ALT" not specified
line 181 column 132 - Fehler: document type does not allow element "H3"
here; missing one of "OBJECT", "MAP", "BUTTON" start-tag
line 261 column 15 - Fehler: there is no attribute "ID"
line 261 column 23 - Fehler: element "FOOTER" undefined