New default web browser on KDE Spin

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Sun Aug 2 21:15:50 UTC 2015

On Sunday 02 August 2015 22:28:14 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > I can speak for myself only. Konqueror has not been a concern of mine for
> > a very very long time. Given the current state of plasma 5, I will not be
> > switching to it and have begun to explore alternatives so that I can
> > transition to Fedora 22.
>
> Have you tried LXQt?

I have.. some time ago... I cannot remember why I did not like it, but... I
didn't... Currently, I am favouring Cinnamon. It is not quite as polished as
kde4, but most of the features of a desktop environment are there and it seems
to be stable. But... because it is not KDE / Plasma / Qt based, I will be
exploring alternative GTK based apps. My 2 biggest problems are KJots and
quirks I have found with a game I am playing under Wine. Kjots can relatively
easily be replaced with znots addon to Thunderbird. The game; I am some
distance away from testing.

I write this with great regard to the superb work and devotion this team has
always put into each release, but given the Fedora policy of not looking
before you leap and KDE's almost total disregard for their user base I have
been prompted to explore a possible shift. As Rex can attest, I have been with
group since its inception with Redhat 8 which in computer terms is a very very
very long time. It make me sad and somewhat angry that I find myself in this
situation. But... I am tired of playing this game. I need to stop doing this.

Sincerely

Eli

>         Kevin Kofler

believed to be clean.