New default web browser on KDE Spin

Mustafa Muhammad mustafa1024m at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 14:47:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 1:48 AM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Mustafa Muhammad wrote:
> > Any user familiar with Fedora can do:
> > dnf erase -y firefox
>
> That does not necessarily remove the full set of extra dependencies the
> firefox package dragged in.

Actually it does, this is the default for dnf, remove the unneeded
dependencies.
And the "full set of extra dependencies" over Fedora KDE is only two
"bookmark" packages, about 10K.
I do this on every install, please "dnf install firefox" on a clean
installation.

> > But new users should have a familiar environment on the live session, and
> > the best UX possible using KDE, I only use KDE as a DE, but some KDE apps
> > are simply not competitive.
>
> The point is there, hidden inside your long sentence: Our spin is NOT about
> "only us[ing] KDE [Plasma] as a DE", but about shipping a complete KDE
> experience. You are looking for a different product, which the Fedora KDE
> Spin is not and should not become.

So we should cripple our spin to make it pure? it already have full and
lots of other dependencies.

Mustafa Muhammad