New default web browser on KDE Spin

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Aug 4 16:01:52 UTC 2015

Mustafa Muhammad wrote:
> Actually it does, this is the default for dnf, remove the unneeded
> dependencies.

I don't trust the autoremove feature to do the right thing. It may be
removing too little or too much. And it can be disabled. Which is why I
wrote "not necessarily".

> And the "full set of extra dependencies" over Fedora KDE is only two
> "bookmark" packages, about 10K.

Last I checked, at least libnotify was also dragged in. Either the
dependencies changed recently or you have more GNOME/GTK+ packages
installed.

And I'd like to see GTK+ eventually gone from the KDE spin too.

> So we should cripple our spin to make it pure? it already have full and
> lots of other dependencies.

Because a unified look&feel is essential to a properly integrated
distribution. Firefox looks like from another planet. Partly like a GNOME
application, partly not even that.

        Kevin Kofler