Pros / Cons: Replacing Konqueror with Firefox

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Thu Aug 6 19:37:04 UTC 2015

On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 12:01 PM, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> with all the problems that mozilla is going thru with firefox, why
> do you want to cause problems?
> firefox is no longer #2 browser. gaagle chrome has kicked firefox's
> butt an dropped it to #3.
> many oos users are dropping firefox in favor of the new oos browser.
> anyone who is unaware can run a web search on "web browser war" to find
> out just what is happening.
>
> Well, I believe Rex was just being pragmatic - if you're going to switch,
Firefox (for better
or for worse) is really the only choice.

Personally, I prefer Chrome, which for obvious reasons can be a candidate -
neither can
Chromium because of:

IMO this is all a bit needless until KDE decides what they are going to do
about Konqueror.  If it ends up they are going to abandon it, that would be
the time to act.  Kevin already discussed what could be done about any
critical security issues; and if someone wants to use another browser it is
ridiculously simple to install.

I really don't get the urgency or importance of this; I think there are
bigger fish to fry.