Pros / Cons: Replacing Konqueror with Firefox

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Fri Aug 7 14:56:23 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 5:03 AM, Mustafa Muhammad <mustafa1024m at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 1) We will have the most popular open source browser, only chrome (not
> chromium) has more users than Firefox and it's not fully open source (it
> had flash built in)

Google Chrome is the Chromium open source project built, packaged, and
distributed by Google.  Chrome is Chromium with some closed source stuff
added.
As far as VP9, WebP, and future technologies, you're going to get that
experience far faster in Chromium than Firefox.  If you're concerned about
YouTube, it's the way to go.  I have yet to find an extension in the Chrome
store which does not work in Chromium.

If we're talking popularity, and compatibility with all the new
bells/whistles - Chromium/Chrome is it.  So if we set default based upon
popularity
everyone should be watching:
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=28287 - because once
that is resolved, Chromium will be