Pros / Cons: Replacing Konqueror with Firefox

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 7 17:03:50 UTC 2015

Mustafa Muhammad composed on 2015-08-07 15:03 (UTC+0300):

> Pros
> 1) We will have the most popular open source browser, only chrome (not
> chromium) has more users than Firefox and it's not fully open source (it
> had flash built in)
> 2) Very active upstream.
> 3) Familiar experience for first time users, Firefox tries to look similar
> on all platforms.
> 4) Better support for internet video
> 5) Much better support for the latest standard (HTML 5), if you compare
> Konq to Firefox in http://html5test.com you will be shocked.
> 6) Support for addons to extend the functionality.
> 7) Higher number of users and developers mean bugs and security
> vulnerabilities gets found and fixed faster.
> 8) Firefox is faster than Konq.

> Pros
> Less integration with Plasma desktop and KDE apps.

Able on display screens with pixel densities other than 96 (most screens) to
render web pages as intended that use physical units (pt, cm, in, mm, etc.).
No "current" rendering engine except KHTML can do this, except that Geckos
can if the pages are restyled to use the proprietary unit mozmm.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/