Default browser in Fedora KDE Plasma

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Aug 8 02:51:45 UTC 2015

Am 08.08.2015 um 02:14 schrieb Kevin Kofler:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
>
>> Mustafa Muhammad wrote:
>>> Some of my points were:
>>>
>>> 1) Almost dead upstream for Konq, vs thriving upstream for Firefox, Konq
>>> may have undiscovered security vulnerabilities, but the limited number of
>>> users is hiding them.
>>
>> The limited number of users also means nobody will be targeting Konqueror
>> with attacks. IMHO, this is actually an advantage.
>
> PS: A Firefox 0-day exploited in the wild:
> https://blog.mozilla.org/security/2015/08/06/firefox-exploit-found-in-the-wild/
> Do we really want to expose our users to such risks?

sorry, but *that* is nonsense

while i am firefox user and don't like it as default on live-media just
because there was a security bug is nonsense as argument, given that we
would need to kill nearly any package out of Fedora because all software
in the past few years had more or less critical security bugs