What is really in klipper?

Pete Travis lists at petetravis.com
Sat Aug 8 04:01:00 UTC 2015

On Aug 7, 2015 10:17 PM, "Ed Greshko" <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to determine what really is being held in klipper's
clipboard?

> I ask this since if I use my mouse to highlight an entry in a T-Bird
email message and then left click to paste it into a libreoffice
spreadsheet I get a window popping up with "Import Options" asking me to
"Select the Language to use for Import".  Yet if I do the same thing from a
web page, which contains the same info that was sent via an email, I don't
get a pop-up.

> I suspect there must be a difference in the data but don't know what it
is and what is the trigger.

> --
> If I wanted a blog or social media I'd go elsewhere

I don't know either, but I don't think it is specific to klipper.  Try
pasting into the input box above the sheet instead of directly into the
cell.

--Pete