What is really in klipper?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Aug 8 23:31:48 UTC 2015

On 08/08/15 23:56, Gerald B. Cox wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 8:17 PM, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com <mailto:ed.greshko at greshko.com>> wrote:
>
>     Is there a way to determine what really is being held in klipper's clipboard?
>

> You should be able to click on the icon in the status area and it should show you the list.
> You can also try:  qdbus org.kde.klipper /klipper getClipboardHistoryMenu

The status area only shows "printable" characters.

I'm certain there must be some unprintable stuff in there since a comparison of  .local/share/klipper/history2.lst containing the same data from the different sources shows a difference.

Service 'org.kde.klipper' does not exist.

> If you're a frequent user of the clipboard, checkout CopyQ - which is a Qt 5 based clipboard
> manager with advanced functionality.  It's also in the Fedora repo.

Thanks, I may have to.  Or just paste into the "input" box of the spreadsheet.

--
If I wanted a blog or social media I'd go elsewhere