Default browser in Fedora KDE Plasma

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Aug 9 13:32:20 UTC 2015

Kevin Kofler wrote:

> I use Konqueror daily as my main (and almost my only) browser. I
> only occasionally use Firefox to debug something, I wouldn't stand having
> to use that thing as a normal browser.

What do you have against Firefox, as a matter of interest?
Is it a purely theological objection?

I've been using konqueror for a couple of days,
just to see what people are talking about.
It seems to me perfectly usable, slightly awkward,
but that is probably just due to my lack of use.

But for me, Firefox offers the important facility
to access RSS feeds.

Chrome offers the important (sometime essential) facility
to use chromecast, which as far as I can see no other browser has.

I don't see the touted similarity between konqueror and other KDE apps.
What exactly is the overlap or similarity between konqueror and KMail?
Or konqueror and KNode? (The two KDE apps I use most.)

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net