Default browser in Fedora KDE Plasma

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Aug 10 00:09:31 UTC 2015

Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> Given your claims that security through obscurity is a good
> thing, finding contradictions in other people's posts doesn't really
> carry much weight, IMO.

This is off topic. I am not contradicting myself, because I never claimed
the opposite of my own claim.

> I suggest that you first educate yourself (start here:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security_through_obscurity ), and only
> after that engage in pointing out the errors of other people.

There is also a difference between obscurity of the "nobody will guess that
Alt, Alt, Ctrl+R will give you admin access" type (with or without the added
honeypot trap) (a type of "security" that is easy to circumvent, as long as
the target is worth spending time attacking on) and "obscurity" as in "not
popular and thus not a likely attack target".

Are you running anti-virus software? No? Then you are also relying on this
kind of "security by obscurity". GNU/Linux is simply not a worthwhile target
for viruses.

        Kevin Kofler