Pros / Cons: Replacing Konqueror with Firefox

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Aug 10 10:23:51 UTC 2015

Sindre Wetjen wrote:

> Off course this is all in the future, but I think it underlines the
> unnecessary change to Firefox because it is not a good choice either for
> non-power users.

What in your view is the best choice for a regular or non-power user?

As a regular user, I find Firefox best suits my purposes at this moment,
and I suspect that that is the view of most regular users of Fedora KDE.

I obviously live in a different universe to most contributors
to this newsgroup, as "look-and-feel" has little impact on my choice.
The issue that would have the most impact is probably what is available
on Android, and again I suspect I may be in the majority there.
(I have tried KDE on my mobile phone, but the experience
was not entirely positive.)

I understand Kevin's desire to keep KDE "pure"
(it reminds me slightly of Richard Stallman),
and as he is a (the?) major contributor to the project
it seems to me he has the right to choose the colour of the flag.

Incidentally, the term "power user" seems to me to be used
in two entirely different senses:
1. as a synonym for guru or geek,
2. to describe those who need a powerful computer for their purposes,
eg computer games addicts.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net