Default browser in Fedora KDE Plasma

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Aug 10 10:52:14 UTC 2015

Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> This debate has gone way past anything useful.
>
> The simple reality is this. Konqueror is junk. Current usage of KDE 5 /
> Plasma 5 requires massive fragmentation in that all the KDE Application
> packages are utilizing KDE 4. The most complex application KDE PIM is not
> integrated with Plasma 5. KDE, This fragmentation is so gross that it has
> generated a fanatical religious debate that is taking up way to much
> energy, nerves and bad feelings.

That is way over the top.
I've been using Konqueror for a couple of days, as an experiment,
and it seems to me to work perfectly well for my trivial purposes.
(I looked into Akregator (as advised) as a way of reading RSS feeds,
but haven't succeed in integrating it into Konqueror or Chrome.)

I've found the discussion quite interesting and illuminating,
though perhaps rather repetitive, and needlessly impolite on occasion.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net