proposal: switch default browser on plasma spin to firefox

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Aug 10 12:21:44 UTC 2015

Rex Dieter wrote:

> Rex Dieter wrote on Thu Aug 06:
>
>> Based on our prior kde-sig meeting, we'd tentatively agreed to pursue
>> considering using a default browser different than konqueror.
>>
>> I'm proposing we consider using firefox by default instead.
>>
>> Secondary proposal: keep konqueror installed as a secondary browser (and
>> file manager, etc).  It's runtime footprint is only ~6mb.
>>
>> I asked some Plasma workgroup member(1) members for votes on irc, and
>> those without documented votes yet include:
>> Martin Bříza (mbriza): no vote
>> Kevin Kofler (Kevin_Kofler): no vote
>> Than Ngo (than): no vote
>> Lukáš Tinkl (ltinkl): no vote
>> Dan Vrátil (dvratil): no vote
>>
>> This message is a call for formal +1/-1 vote from these folks.
>
> So far, only Kevin responded to this request for feedback since this mail
> was sent.  Feel free to respond here or privately, but I would like to
> hear from each of you soon.

Three more responses this morning:
Martin Bříza (mbriza): +1
Dan Vrátil (dvratil): +1
Than Ngo (than): +1

brings current voting totals to: +8, -1 (out of 11 voters)

proposal passes.  I'll start work on implementing it tomorrow (as well as
integrating f23-kde-theme).

My personal thanks goes out to all who contributed to the discussion and
decision-making process.

-- Rex