Applications porting (was Re: Default browser in Fedora KDE Plasma)

Luigi Toscano luigi.toscano at tiscali.it
Mon Aug 10 16:26:37 UTC 2015

On Monday 10 of August 2015 07:44:02 Eli Wapniarski wrote:

> > The simple reality is this. Konqueror is junk. Current usage of KDE 5 /
> Plasma 5 requires massive fragmentation in that all the KDE Application
> packages are utilizing KDE 4.

This ("all") is not true. Many applications are ported. Others are not, but it
does not impact the workflow (Okular is the biggest example of unported
applications).

> The most complex application KDE PIM is not
> integrated with Plasma 5.

This is was true but KDEPIM based on Frameworks is coming in few days.
But I don't understand: what is the problem you outline about the missing
integration for KDEPIM, which is quite on its own, apart from look&feel?

Ciao
--
Luigi