proposal: switch default browser on plasma spin to firefox

Jan Grulich jgrulich at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 08:16:46 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

On Monday 10 of August 2015 08:12:02 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Rex Dieter wrote:
> >> proposal passes.  I'll start work on implementing it tomorrow (as well as
> >> integrating f23-kde-theme).
> >
> > What do we have feature freezes for? It is TOO LATE to implement this
> > change for Fedora 23!
>
> We can discuss the issue of when/how to implement this at tomorrow's kde-sig
> meeting.  if the consensus of the group is to wait (after f23) to implement
> this, I'll be happy to comply.
>
> full disclosure: I personally see no need to wait, this isn't a "Feature" in
> the classic sense, there's relatively little to be done to implement and
> test it.

I won't be able to attend the meeting today (still busy with reconstruction
and furnishing), but my opinion is that there is no need to wait. I don't
consider switching default browser as a feature and I'm sure Kevin will find
another reason why not switch to Firefox even for Fedora 24.

Regards,
Jan
--
Jan Grulich <jgrulich at redhat.com>