Enable/disable touchpad

Adam Batkin adam at batkin.net
Wed Aug 19 19:02:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 2:33 PM, Rajeesh K V <rajeeshknambiar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fedora 22 uses the newer libinput touchpad driver, you can uninstall
> it and install xorg-x11-drv-synaptics to configure as in Fedora 21.

Do we know why this transition was made from xorg-x11-drv-synaptics to
libinput? I've read from a number of users frustration over the fact
that libinput doesn't provide the level of configurability that
xorg-x11-drv-synaptics provided, which effectively makes using a
touchpad an exercise in frustration. In other words, this is a serious
regression. As an example, the KDE Settings contains many parameters,
almost all of which are grayed out when running with libinput.

-Adam Batkin