Desktop freeze on NFS share failure

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 19 22:06:45 UTC 2015

Emmett Culley composed on 2015-08-19 12:20 (UTC-0700):

> The issue here is why does KDE stop, like a single threaded windows 3.1, when an NFS share disappears?

My guess is the same root cause as why my Geckos hang when tabs are open to
files on (OS/2) LANMAN shares CIFS mounted (manually) get broken on the
server end (about every 10 days or so unless OS/2 rebooted), showing in mtab,
but not available. Something in KDE seems to be demanding an unneeded access,
maybe some prefetch process for increased file picker speed.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/