KDE SIG Badge

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Wed Feb 11 20:00:42 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 11:35:03AM -0400, Ralph Bean wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> A new Fedora badge has been proposed for "membership in the KDE SIG":
>
> https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/ticket/132
>
> As far as I can see, there is not a formal definition of membership in
> the group.  Some options for awarding the badge:
>
> - We could create a new FAS group and trigger the badge awarding off
>   of that.  Lots of other badges work this way, so it is easy to do.
>   The only downside is that you have a FAS group with no other real
>   purpose than for handing out badges.  It has to be maintained,
>   pruned eventually, etc..
>
> - Or, instead, we could take one or two volunteers from the SIG to be
>   'in charge' of the badge.  There is a self-service interface in the
>   webapp where they could manually award the badge to sig members as
>   they see fit.
>
> I'd like to do it however the sig wants it done.  Can you hash it out
> and let the badges crew know by posting back in the trac ticket above?
>
> Cheers-
>  -Ralph

Following up on this from many months ago.

I just recently pushed out the XFCE-sig badge here
https://badges.fedoraproject.org/badge/xfce-sig

It didn't seem like there was much interest from the KDE sig in having
such a badge when this first came up, but I thought I'd ping again
just in case.

The artwork for the KDE version is already ready here,
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/ticket/132 and to put it in
place I would just need to know:

1) is there any interest?
2) who I should put in charge of handing out the badge.

Cheers-
 -Ralph