power notifications no longer working

Lukáš Tinkl ltinkl at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 12:45:46 UTC 2015

Dne 16.2.2015 v 06:33 Sudhir Khanger napsal(a):
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Orion Poplawski <orion at cora.nwra.com> wrote:
>> I seem to no longer have working power notifications or auto hibernate on
>> low battery on F21 + updates-testing.  Any one else seeing this?
>
> Are you on KDE 4 or Plasma 5? On Plasma 5, My system shuts down after
> it goes below 5% when it should hibernate. I thought the problem was
> related to PowerDevil 5.1 which was resolved in 5.2 but I saw it one
> more time a few days ago.

I'm suspecting this is a new "feature" in upower. Although I haven't
tried myself, it introduced a non user-configurable property of what to
do in such a case; on my system upower -d tells me:

critical-action: HybridSleep

--
Lukáš Tinkl <ltinkl at redhat.com>
Senior Software Engineer - KDE desktop team, Brno