KMail changed IMAP behaviour in F21

Piotr Gbyliczek piotr.gbyliczek at reconnix.com
Fri Jan 2 11:50:25 UTC 2015

On Friday 02 January 2015 11:42:30 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Anybody had similar experience ? Any ideas if that is a bug, or
> > planned change in behaviour of either KMail or IMAP server (Google
> > Mail) ?
>
> I use Evolution with Gmail via IMAP, and haven't noticed any change.
> Possibly Kmail is checking less frequently?

There was no change in KMail settings initiated by me, so why checks would be
less frequent ? As well, "update folders" should do the sync when used, I
think, yet it does not mark any email as read. I can as well see occasionally
a pop up window that shows syncing/fetching process per mailbox, and that as
well fails to mark any message as read.

--
Piotr Gbyliczek
Systems Administrator (LPIC 3, Novell CLA certified)