KDE Clipboard issues

Emmett Culley lst_manage at webengineer.com
Sat Jul 4 15:18:51 UTC 2015

On 07/04/2015 05:18 AM, Colin J Thomson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am assuming you are running kde 4.
>
> On Thu 2 July 2015 15:16:35 Emmett Culley wrote:
>> For some time I have been having difficulties with the KDE clipboard.
>>
>> For example: if I select text in a Konsole session, right click and select
>> copy, the selected text rarely shows up in the clipboard list.  When it
>> does show up, it is NEVER selected.  As a matter of fact, if it does get
>> added to the clipboard, it shows up in the second line, with the top line
>> blank.  When I do see the "copied" text and click on it, it never get
>> selected selected the first time, and often not on the second or third
>> attempt.
>>
>> This seems to have gotten worse in the last month or so, to the point that
>> cut&paste isn't any fun anymore.
>
> I posted a similar problem here a few weeks ago regarding Klipper's actions
> that have stopped working for me also in the past few months. Sadly no replies
> so I guess no is able to reproduce the problems or are Plasma-5
>
> I have searched on kde.bugs but no luck as yet, I'll keep looking though.
>
> Colin

Yes, KDE4.  I am not going to switch to 5 until I get used to the idea that the pager cannot switch activities.

I could not find anything about this issue either.  At least with your response I know it isn't only me.

This has been happening for a couple of months, and only now got so bad I thought I'd ask around.  It is now seriously impacting my productivity.

Emmett