F22 comments

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jul 5 21:23:05 UTC 2015

On 07/06/15 05:15, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-07-06 at 05:02 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
>> On 07/06/15 04:48, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>>> As I said in another thread, it appears to work for KDE apps.
>>> Firefox
>>> runs but seems to have a bug. No news on Chrome, which flat out
>>> doesn't
>>> work.
>> I don't know what you mean by "flat out doesn't work", but I have
>> Chrome working just fine on several systems that were installed from
>> scratch and 2 systems that were upgraded via fedup.
> I mean that when I log out and in again, Chrome does not restart. If I
> restart it manually, it restores all the tabs and windows I've defined
> in my manually saved session (just not on the correct desktops).
> Actually that's not completely true. There is one tab that is always
> restored even though I've saved the session without it. No idea what's
> going on there, though it could be a Chrome bug.

After you logout, either login as a different user or ssh into the system and check to see if any Chrome processes remain running.

FWIW, I think most of the problem with Chrome and restarts are probably Chrome issues...which is why I manually shut it down and start it up.

>> Even in KDE4 I always made sure I quite Chrome before logout since it
>> was a roll of the dice for it to restore the tabs I had open/pinned.
> I never had to do that. IIRC Chrome would always restore just as I left
> it.

Yes, YMMV.  I've had no such luck as I've said.

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4