KDE Clipboard issues

Emmett Culley lst_manage at webengineer.com
Tue Jul 7 00:21:53 UTC 2015

On 07/06/2015 04:48 PM, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
> Emmett,
> You mentioned you've been having this problem for some time... do you recall when it started happening?
> In the meantime, I'll ask CopyQ upstream if they have ever heard of such a thing... and see if they have any suggestions
> for debugging...
>
> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Emmett Culley <lst_manage at webengineer.com <mailto:lst_manage at webengineer.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 07/06/2015 11:32 AM, Gerald B. Cox wrote:
>     >
>     > On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 11:22 AM, Gerald B. Cox <gbcox at bzb.us <mailto:gbcox at bzb.us> <mailto:gbcox at bzb.us <mailto:gbcox at bzb.us>>> wrote:
>     >
>     >     Oh, and what editor are you using to access the file?  When I was testing, I was using VIM.
>     >
>     >
>     > I also tested using whatever was in the Konsole display, couldn't recreate.  Have you tried from a web browser?  From
>     > another console, Terminal or qterminal?  Trying to narrow down whether it is the clipboard of Konsole you're having issues with.
>     >
>     >
>     > kde mailing list
>     >kde at lists.fedoraproject.org <mailto:kde at lists.fedoraproject.org>
>     > New to KDE4? - get help fromhttp://userbase.kde.org
>     >
>     It doesn't matter where I copy from, Konsole, Firefox, Chrome, Kwrite, VNC viewer, spicy, and others.
>
>     One other thing I've noticed recently, once in a while, when I've clicked on an item in the clipboard, hoping to make it the item to paste, the clipboard locks up.  It eventually recovers.  I haven't seen this with CopyQ.
>
>     Emmett

It has been for a few months.  At first,it happened only rarely, and I though it might be my keyboard.  Mostly because I would hit the shift-delete keys combo in an editor, the when I attempted to shift-insert, Nothing was pasted.  Then when I went back to the line where I deleted (cut) I had to hit ctrl-Z to get the line back then shift-delete to cut the line.  When it first started happening, that was all it would take, and it didn't happen all that often.

So I switched keyboards, and that didn't make it any better.

Now it happens virtually every time I try to cut or copy text in any application.  It doesn't show up in the clipboard, CopyQ or Klipper.

A am loosing productivity.

I may have to move to Fedora 22 sooner that I wanted.  But still, I would very much like to know the cause of this, especially as I seem to be the only one with this issue.

Next stop, bugzilla.

Emmett

Emmett