Fedora-22/KDE clipboard not working

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sat Jul 18 09:47:11 UTC 2015

Orion Poplawski wrote:

>> When I highlight text in Fedora-21/KDE it is transferred to the
>> Clipboard, which I can access by the scissors icon ("Clipboard Contents")
>> in my panel.
>>
>> In Fedora-22/KDE the clipboard icon is changed -
>> it looks like 2 sheets of paper but is still called "Clipboard Contents"
>> - and highlighted text no longer appears there.
>>
>> Am I missing something?

> You may need to configure it to keep the clipboard and X selection in
> sync.

Thanks. That did the trick.
The only difference now (from Fedora-21) is that if I click an entry
in the Clipboard and then want to paste it into a text file,
I have to right click and choose Paste from the options.
Previously I could just center click.

Incidentally, why would anyone NOT want to keep clipboard and selection
in sync? Shouldn't this be the default?

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net