F22 KDE Systray Issue

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jul 24 04:44:56 UTC 2015

Am 24.07.2015 um 03:16 schrieb Markus Slopianka:
> On Thursday 23 July 2015 13:32:58 Emilio Recio wrote:
>> Does anyone know of an app that can implement xembed feature?
>
> http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2014/06/where-are-my-systray-icons/
>

>> Pidgin
>
> https://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/rvokal/pidgin-indicator/
>

>> This is a major fail for KDE, IMNSHO.
>
> Wrong. It's a major fail for your applications

strange attitude - if *non-kde* apps have problems with the systray and
did not before KDE5 it's hardly a failure of the application, it's
*again* a incompatible and ignorant regression as it happens every few
years so that i even start asking myself "am i right in my mind to use
linux desktop"

"fail for your applications" - WTF - the world of application developers
don't turn around KDE and broken desktops, i heard the same b**** with
the over a year flickering control bar with KDE 4.0 in combination with
nvidia cards - the same - it worked befor KDE3->KDE4, so KDE is the
problem and not the card and it's the job of a developer to handle it if
it has worked before AND NO "it's free" don't justify carelessly while
whine every year why linux desktops are a niche and how to change that

if developers like linux desktops no longer be a niche the just need to
stop user visible major changes and breaking things which worked and are
in use - that's it, no Fedora.next, just don't break the user
expierience once per year and you will stop lose existing ones and get
new ones which no longer need to fear that their workflow get broken
again and again