F22 KDE Systray Issue

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jul 24 10:54:55 UTC 2015

Am 24.07.2015 um 12:40 schrieb Patrick O'Callaghan:

> On 24 July 2015 at 02:16, Markus Slopianka <kamikazow at gmx.de
> <mailto:kamikazow at gmx.de>> wrote:
>
>     > This is a major fail for KDE, IMNSHO.
>
>     Wrong. It's a major fail for your applications.
>

> How do you justify that remark? Is every "failing" app violating some
> standard? Even if they are, what happened to Robustness Principle:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle?

it's gone

we are in the age where everybody thinks that he must re-invent himself
each and every day and as soon as things are working properly throw the
stability away and start from scratch to make "all better"

when things are better (again) go back to "start from scratch"

all that hypocritical "we fixed this and optimized that" don't tell that
it already worked fine in the past by hoping people forget or new users
really buy that "wow this got better" because they don't know that it is
the third iteration of fix/optimize/break/rewrite

that may be nice for a developer but it's pure crap for users actually
try to do their stuff with computers and not interested seek all the
time how to get known behavior back or often wait months to get things
back to work which where not ready but replaced