New default web browser on KDE Spin

Gerald B. Cox gbcox at bzb.us
Sat Jul 25 01:34:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 5:56 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:

> > The issue I have with browsers other than Chrome or Firefox is that they
> > just don't have a good selection of extensions; and I don't see that
> > changing anytime soon.  I've grown dependent on my gmail, calendar,
> > lastpass, authy and aria2c integration.
>
> Is it that much trouble for you to change your own default to the one you
> prefer? Is your preference for extensions, and the bloat and potential for
> bugs inherent in less well tested components in sync with a typical new
> Fedora/KDE user? Have you tried Qupzilla? Most popular extensions are
> already
> integrated in it, and yet it's a smaller package than other browsers.

No it's not, and I do change the default from Konqueror.  What I also said
in the previous message was that since Konqueror is the default for the KDE
DE, perhaps it would be better to have a discussion of
changing it (if you are looking for that) upstream.  I don't have any issue
whatsoever with Konqueror being the KDE default; and I'm not wanting,
expecting or asking the KDE defaults to be overridden by the Fedora KDE
support team.  They are fine as they are IMO.  I was simply stating my
opinion on the state of other open source browsers versus Firefox and
Chrome.  They just don't have the bells and whistles.