New default web browser on KDE Spin

Mustafa Muhammad mustafaa.alhamdaani at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 13:48:02 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 12:27 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> Am 28.07.2015 um 11:19 schrieb Mustafa Muhammad:
>>>
>>> have fun with "So please give your new users the choice" if Fedora ends
>>> there too and well known applications have to be instaleld with special
>>> names..........
>>

>> I meant ship Firefox and Konqueror with the default install of Fedora
>> KDE and the users can choose what to use. :)
>

> nonsense - the user who cares will install whatever he wants to use and the
> ones just want to browse the web with no clue what a browsers will be only
> confused
Browse the web without YouTube, because by default there is no
rpmfusion, and with very bad support for latest HTML standard, and
slower.

And any user can find the Internet submenu containing both Firefox and
Konqueror, and  trust me, the number of users who know Firefox are
orders of magnitude the number of users who know Konqueror

> you are doing only harm if you install 20 applications for everything,
> besides image space
>
> * it leads in tons of updates for the users
> * it makes dependency problems more likely
Add 70MB to the already 1.1G, what will happen?
Dependency problems? when is the last time you saw this on stable Fedora?

I don't want two browsers, but you refuse to change the default from
an almost dead upstream browser that is slow, doesn't support latest
HTML well (and likely will not), does not support addons, to the
second most popular desktop browser that is actively developed.
I want it as and option to your default because this is better for
Fedora and especially to the new users.