How to set default session type to Plasma for sddm

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 4 09:31:02 UTC 2015

On 04/06/15 00:06, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Dan Mossor wrote:
>> That *should* be a setting in /etc/sddm.conf but I don't actually see it
>> in the man page. Hmmm.....
>
> Unfortunately, this is STILL not supported in upstream SDDM:
> https://github.com/sddm/sddm/issues/326
> https://github.com/sddm/sddm/issues/346
>
>          Kevin Kofler

Kevin

Thanks for clearing that up. I was just about get strace out to see if I
could see whether sddm was trying to access /etc/sysconfig/desktop or not.

I can add a +1 to sddm issue #326 if you think that would be helpful.

I guess the kickstart docs need to be updated to say that
xconfig --defaultdesktop=xxx
won't work for sddm. I can add a redhat BZ for that.

Since kickstart doesn't have a command to configure the display manager
I guess it won't be possible for
xconfig --defaultdesktop=
to be able to do the right thing.

Roderick