sddm RebootCommand

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jun 12 06:30:51 UTC 2015

There is a problem to shutdown or reboot a system if the network in use is wireless and there are nfs mounts.  I believe what is happening is that the network is being closed before the unmounts.  I think I should file a bugzilla against systemd but.....

I found that if I issue this command from the command line the system will reboot properly.

/usr/bin/umount -a -t nfs4 ; /usr/bin/systemctl reboot

So, I modified the sddm.conf to have this line

RebootCommand=/usr/bin/umount -a -t nfs4 ; /usr/bin/systemctl reboot

The reboot process still hangs and messages about "nfs server not responding" are displayed.

Shouldn't this work?

--
Sorta what I want to say when folks habitually complain about Fedora - https://youtu.be/ZArl8fTfub4