Camera recognition / device notifier

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Tue Jun 30 01:35:06 UTC 2015

On 06/29/2015 07:19 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> In KDE4 when I plugged in my Canon DSLR it would show up in the device
> notifier and I could start digikam.
>
> In the new plasma5 system nothing happens when the camera is plugged in.
> How do I get device notifier to do the same is in KDE4?

i do not know about 'device notifier'.

have you tried 'disk utility'? it will show any storage device when it is
connected and enabled.

also, after you connect camera, presuming via usb, do you have a selection
on camera to enable usb?

> Also, if you bring up "Device Notifier Settings" and click in the area
> above "keyboard shortcuts" you will get a message saying
>
> Error: Could not load:
> file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.devicenotifier/contents/ui:-1
> File not found
>
> What is that about?

no idea. i have never used 'device notifier'.

--

peace out.

-+-
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
-+-
-+-

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.6