Plasma5 loss of configurability?

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Tue Mar 10 02:28:30 UTC 2015

Testing F22 RC3 I noticed a difference that has me wondering if this is just temporary....

On the current KDE in F21 one can go to "System Settings --> Common Appearance --> Locale --> Country/Region"
and separately set the format of "Numbers", "Money", "Calendar", "Date&Time" and other things such as page size.

Now, with Plasma 5 there is a "Personalization --> Formats" section but I can't seem to find a way to set the Time Format to HH:MM:SS such that AM/PM isn't displayed and I get the time in the clock in 24hr format.  I could set it to UK, but being originally from the US I'm used to MM/DD/YY not DD/MM/YY as the UK has it.  So, my work around is to create .bashrc settings for LC_TIME.

So, either I am missing something or the graphic tools are offer less functionality than before.