kate crashes

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sat Oct 3 12:18:04 UTC 2015

On 10/03/2015 06:51 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 03.10.2015 um 12:48 schrieb Ed Greshko:
>> On 10/03/2015 06:44 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> fine, than it happens randomly and hits me only when i am pissed that 50 open documents are closed just by close one of them
>>
>> Are you saying you need to have that many open files or has your frustration resulted in exaggeration/sarcasm?
>
> well, i am using my computer for serious work, having open 150 eml files for review and remove bayes-poisioning is a regular task each day

Is there any other type of work other than serious work?   :-) :-)

As a rule I don't have that many files open at once mostly because I can lose track of what I was doing.  Yes, a personal problem.   Anyway, I'll give this a go with a large number of eml files in the morning and see if I get the same results.

>> If it does happen with only a large number of files open I would give it a go.  And, have you noticed if the file size may play a part?
>
> the file size don't matter, just a few KB each file

OK...  And, BTW, my /var/lib/systemd/coredump/ directory is empty.

I only get plasmashell crashes and freezes at the moment.  Not as much as before, but still annoying.

--
In reality, some people should stick to running Windows and others should stay away from computers altogether.