A near freeze of plasma

Colin J Thomson colin.thomson at g6avk.co.uk
Sun Oct 11 20:13:47 UTC 2015

On Monday 21 Sep 2015 00:58:37 Colin J Thomson wrote:

> My only real gripe with P5 now is the amount of RAM it eats over the course
> of a day.. up to almost 5 gig now and hitting swap! (8 gig on this box)
> uptime ~ 17 hours. So kquitapp plasmashell resets it nicely.

I have tried removing various plasmoids and tray icons but still get the high
CPU usage, so...

> Still searching kde.bugs for this one.

I have found found an interesting thread on the kde forum and a link to a bug
report that points to kactivitymanager being to source of the high CPU usage
and maybe the huge amount of RAM P5 eats up over a period of time.

https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=289&t=121533&start=30

Colin

--
Fedora 23 - Beta