black screen showing mouse pointer only.

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 12:17:18 UTC 2015

On 12 October 2015 at 11:09, Germano Massullo
<germano.massullo at gmail.com> wrote:
> In past ~3 days some plasma related updates have broken something: on
> many machines with different FOSS VGA drivers I got a black screen
> showing mouse pointer only. Usually after SDDM login, but sometimes even
> while kscreenlock is active. The only way to escape from the situation
> is to reboot the system.
> Has anybody experienced a similar problem?

Yes. If you enable key sequence to kill the webserver[1] then you can
get back to the login screen without having to reboot. I haven't got
around to checking if this has been reported yet.

[1] Various approaches at
http://askubuntu.com/questions/39571/how-to-set-keyboard-combination-to-kill-the-x-server

--
imalone