long delays on kde startup (intermittent)

Timothy Murphy gayleard at alice.it
Tue Oct 13 12:35:12 UTC 2015

Neal Becker wrote:

> Recently (last month?) I'm seeing intermittently, long delays on kde
> startup.  The startup draws a horizontal bar, and it hangs maybe 75% of
> the way for a Long time (30 sec)?

> This is on a very fast machine that usually starts kde in a few seconds.
> Any hints at troubleshooting?

I haven't noticed the the startup is any slower on my not very fast laptop,
but I have noticed that the horizontal bar never completes as it used to.
Does this mean some part of the startup is not completed?

And could I put a word in for the old startup screen
where various icons appeared as the startup progressed.

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net